Followers

5/11/13

Reflections - Highlights of EDLD 5301


One of the many highlights of this course was having us work very closely with our administrator during the action research plan. This being my first year working at my school site, I have established a deeper relationship with my principal because of this program and specifically with this course because we now share a common goal to accomplish. By establishing a common goal together, I feel that I have also become an advocate for the staff and the students. I definitely enjoyed working on the actual action research plan because it was somewhat of an affirmation that I have a plan and this will eventually get done. It also showed me how dedicated my principal was to helping me accomplish my project, not just for me, but for the whole school. Just last week, she came back from a principal meeting excited about what the district will be doing next year that was related to my action research topic.

Another highlight of this course was the use of blogs. This was my first time creating and using a blog to share my thoughts and read up on others. I find this tool useful because it allowed me to learn from others and receive feedback from my classmates in order that I can improve my action plan.

The greatest highlight from this course was our instructor. Through our web conferences, Professor Abshire made it clear that she was here to help in any way that she could. She was timely in her responses and answered all the questions that I had.

I am very pleased with this course. Not only have I learned a great deal from the readings, our professor, and my classmates, but I can now look forward to an action research plan that will benefit and improve my school in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment